Advocacy and Representation
AHPA SA works on your behalf when it comes to important industry-related issues. The branch actively seeks to advocate on behalf of its members on a range of health and related social issues at a local or state level.
As a member you will be:
- Part of a national network of people and organisations with common goals, which facilitates the exchange of ideas, information and experiences
- Represented in industry dealings with government agencies and community organisations,
- Given a voice as we look to establish standards for the training and practice of health promotion practitioners
- Provided with opportunities to participate in the governance of the Association including the right to nominate for branch and national executive committee positions
Education and Professional Development
AHPA SA is committed to providing members with meaningful professional development opportunities to develop the specialised skills and understandings required for a career in health promotion. As a member you will have access to:
- The latest job vacancies, volunteering and professional development opportunities posted on our private SA members-only Facebook page and circulated via our monthly SA e-bulletins
- Relevant professional development seminars, workshops and conferences that focus on developing knowledge and skills (with discounted member rates)
- Regular e-updates from AHPA National and subscription to the national electronic mailing list (provision of regular updates about activities and employment information)
- AHPA’s official publication the Health Promotion Journal of Australia (hard copy copies for full members; electronic copies for student members).
AHPA SA is committed to providing ongoing scholarship opportunities for our students and full-time members. We are proud to offer the following opportunity to our members:
- Annual AHPA National Conference Scholarship Scheme: Two scholarships (each to the value of $1000) are awarded for our members to attend the AHPA national conference. These will be be available in 2020.
- From time to time we also offer Professional Development Scholarships. These will not be available in 2020.
AHPA SA will help you to engage with like-minded professionals and students. As a member you can:
- Network with peers and join in discussions through our SA members-only Facebook page
- Network with peers and industry experts via our social networking events
- Keep up to date with what is happening across Australia by registering to get the e-bulletins from other Branches as well as automatically receiving the AHPA (SA) news.