You are invited to a free event co-hosted by NSW Cancer Council and University of Sydney.
We are joining with Sydney Health Law at The University of Sydney Law School and the Food Governance Node at Charles Perkins Centre to run an event on regulation of food marketing to children on Wednesday 7 November 6-8pm (canapés from 5.30pm) at Sydney Law School Law Foyer, The University of Sydney.
The topics will feature:
• False and misleading food marketing and the recent ACCC v Heinz case
• The food industry’s two initiatives on responsible marketing to children; and
• Regulation of unhealthy food marketing on state government transport infrastructure
Guest speakers include:
• Adrian Coorey, Principle Lawyer, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
• Jane Martin, Executive Manager, Obesity Policy Coalition
• Geoffrey Annison, Director – Health, Nutrition and Scientific Affairs, Australian Food and Grocery Council
• Wendy Watson, Nutrition Program Manager, Cancer Council NSW
• Emily Harper, Director – Preventative and Population Health, ACT Health
• Associate Professor Bridget Kelly, University of Wollongong
See the attached flyer or find more information at www.sydney.edu.au/law/events