AHPA is pleased to release our new Strategic Plan 2020-2024!
A healthy, equitable Australia.
Leadership, advocacy and workforce development for health promotion practice, research, evaluation and policy.
To achieve AHPA's vision and purpose the Board and members commit to:
ETHICAL PRACTICE - Supporting culturally informed, participatory, respectful, and safe practice.
HEALTH EQUITY - Addressing the sociocultural, economic, political, commercial and ecological determinants of health in order to build health equity.
INNOVATIVE AND EVIDENCE INFORMED APPROACHES - Promoting and supporting evidence informed research, policy and practice.
COLLABORATION - Working in partnership with other organisations to improve health and wellbeing.
1. Promote the health promotion profession and our members
2. Advocate for health promotion
3. Build the professional capacity of AHPA members
4. Support career pathways in health promotion
5. Promote equity, diversity and inclusion
6. Provide responsible and sustainable governance and management
Detailed actions to achieve the strategy can be found in the Strategic Plan document.