AHPA's Strategic Plan 2014 – 2018
The Australian Health Promotion Association (AHPA) encourages and supports best practice in health promotion in Australia, in order that everyone may enjoy good health. The Association endorses the World Health Organization's (1986) definition of health promotion: the process of enabling people to increase control over, and to improve their health.
Leadership in Health Promotion
AHPA's purpose is to advance the health of all people in Australia through leadership, advocacy and support for health promotion action in practice, research, evaluation and policy.
To achieve AHPA's vision and purpose the Board and members commit to:
- Ethical practice - supporting culturally informed, participatory, respectful, and safe practice
- Health equity - addressing the social determinants of health in order to build health equity
- Innovative and evidence informed approaches - promoting and supporting evidence informed research, policy and practice
- Collaboration - working in partnership with other organisations to improve health and wellbeing.
- A highly skilled and sustainable health promotion workforce
- Effective advocacy for health promotion issues
- A strong and responsive professional organisation.
AHPA's Operational Plan 2014 – 2018
The Operational Plan sets out strategies, actions, responsibilities and measures of success for each of the three priority areas in the Strategic Plan. Implementation of the Plan will be regularly monitored by the Board.