AHPA is pleased to call for applications for our inaugural Internship Program.
The AHPA Executive Office will offer two (2) internships to health promotion undergraduate or postgraduate students who are currently enrolled (or recently graduated within the last 12 months) in an Australian university.
The aim of the 2023-2024 AHPA Internship Program is to provide practical experience, skills and knowledge in the area of health promotion registration, policy and advocacy.
Competitively selected interns will be supported by and work closely with the Executive Officer and existing AHPA Committees and Groups to progress their work and deliver tangible outputs and outcomes. Interns will be paid a stipend of $1000 in recognition of their contribution and to support work-study-life balance.
- Duration: 6-month internship from August 2023 to January 2024 (exact dates may be negotiated)
- Commitment: 7.5 hours per week (approximately 200 hours). The pattern of work may be a regular day of the week or as agreed with AHPA Executive Officer, Rebecca Zosel
- Remuneration: $1,000 stipend
- Location: Remote
- Eligibility: Health promotion (or related field) undergraduate or postgraduate students who are currently enrolled (or recently graduated within the last 12 months) in an Australian university. Must be a resident in Australia to apply.
- Selection criteria:
- Preference will be provided to existing AHPA members
- A passion and dedication to the field of health promotion
- Commitment to the values of AHPA
- Proficient communication, research and report-writing skills.
Up to two (2) internships will be offered:
- Health Promotion Registration Intern: The intern will develop resources, campaigns and initiatives to promote the health promotion accreditation system in Australia and support the voluntary uptake of registration among practitioners, workplaces and universities.
- Policy & Advocacy Intern: The intern will progress AHPA's Strategic Priorities and contribute to drafting position statements and submissions, and develop social media updates, website posts and newsletter articles.
Applications will be shortlisted by a selection panel. The decision of the panel is final and the panel may choose to accept all, some or none of the applications. Shortlisted applicants may be contacted to provide further information.
AHPA commits to notifying all applicants of the outcome of their application by end of July 2023.