We invite Australian universities to partner with AHPA and provide university-funded AHPA student memberships to enable student access to Australia’s peak body for health promotion. AHPA can work with universities to establish membership arrangements that reflect university needs, preferences and resources.
There are mutual benefits for students and universities, including:
- Membership to professional association
- Affirms course content
- Affirms health industry context
- Motivation for study
- University marketing advantage
- Access to professional networks
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Increased employment opportunities
- Include professional membership in employment applications.
Click here for a short video by Teresa Capetola, Course Director Master of Health Promotion Deakin University and AHPA Vic/Tas Branch Co-President, who discusses the benefits of university-funded AHPA student memberships for both universities and students.
Further information regarding university-funded AHPA student memberships is available here.