So, I am running off to add another little one to my growing family. My time and energy will now be needed elsewhere. I have really enjoyed working with the wonderful AHPA WA team, Emma at Healthway and our scholarship recipients and host agencies.
Before I go, I wanted to share a bit about my time as the Scholarships Coordinator as I believe this is a unique job opportunity and for anyone who is considering the role, I would definitely say go for it! Don’t feel like you already need to be working as a ‘consultant’ – I wasn’t. Managing your own work and coordinating a large program can sound daunting, but if you have good organisation skills, the ability to learn as you go and ask plenty of questions, and a little bit of enthusiasm and passion for health promotion, you will be perfect for the role.
Coordinating the scholarships program has many benefits, including:
- Expanding your networks
- Remaining connected to the health promotion industry
- Staying abreast of some of the latest health promotion pilot programs and trials
- Being part of a one-of-a-kind program to develop and engage the health promotion workforce
- Enhancing your skills and experience in grant management, recruitment and selection, and managing contracts and budgets (to name a few)
- Flexible working conditions, with a choice of hours and the ability to work from home.
There are a number of supports in place to assist the new Coordinator, including templates, forms, work plans, ideas for PD planning, evaluation tools and, most importantly, the AHPA WA Leadership Group, Healthway staff and previous program coordinators.
To find out more click here. Good luck with your application!