Health Promotion 12 Weeks Online Course: Planning, implementing and evaluating health promotion interventions
August 13 – November 12, 2018
This flexible 12 week online course will provide you with an understanding of the role and importance of health promotion and the broader concept of health within a community and national setting. The course aims to provide you with the skills needed to plan, implement and evaluate a health promotion program. You will be introduced to relevant health behaviour theories and health promotion frameworks as well as approaches to evaluation.
You will plan a health promotion intervention of your choice. A range of learning strategies and learning activities are available for each module. An online networking forum will be available to communicate with other students and your course tutor. This course has been developed for those already working in the health sector, those wanting to move into this area and those wanting to incorporate health promotion principles into their roles, such as nurses or teachers.
There are 8 flexible learning modules to be completed in 12 weeks:
• Module 1: An introduction to health promotion
• Module 2: Australia’s health
• Module 3: A social determinants of health approach
• Module 4: Understanding health and behaviour: theory for health promotion
• Module 5: Planning: the foundation for a successful program
• Module 6: Strategies: delivering health promotion interventions
• Module 7: Evaluation: measuring success
• Module 8: Sustaining actions
Cost per person: $1050 + gst
10% discount for AHPA and PHAA members
To enrol and secure your place on the course please register and pay here: http://news.curtin.edu.au/events/evaluating-health-promotion-interventions-12-weeks-online/