Local Scholarships Program (NEW!) AHPA NT Branch offers local scholarships of up to $1000 to support members and other NT based health promotion professionals to attend professional development opportunities. The local scholarships program aims to improve the health promotion capability for people working in the Northern Territory which will in turn improve the health of Territorians.
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Download application form
Annual AHPA National Conference Scholarship Scheme: This scholarship round provides upto the value of $1000) is awarded for a member to attend the AHPA national conference. The scholarship is for conference registration and /or travel costs.
AHPA NT is very pleased to announce professional opportunities for our members to become a mentee or mentor in the National Mentoring program. When you submit your applications mentors and mentees will be matched by the National Mentoring Working Group. Nationally, there are up to 50 mentee places available each year, and applications close before the month of June.
About The AHPA Mentoring Program:
• The mentoring partnership is a mutually beneficial partnership.
• Mentors volunteer their time to contribute towards personal development in health promotion.
• Mentees are expected to be committed, prepared and proactive.
• For mentors no more than 2 hours per month is expected.
• Mentor applicants are expected to have 4 or more years’ experience in health promotion.
All mentees and mentors for the next mentoring program will be matched and will receive confirmation via their emails.
HEALTH PROMOTION PRACTIONERS
AHPA is the National Accreditation Organisation (NAO) for the International Union for Health Promotion and Education (IUHPE) in Australia. Health Promotion professionals across Australia now have the opportunity to apply to earn the title IUHPE Registered Health Promotion Practitioner. Benefits of Registration include:
• Improved career opportunities nationally and internationally
• Enhanced professional recognition
• Improved confidence in the profession
• Consistency in interpretation of standards and codes of practice
• Use of an internationally recognised brand on promotional materials
Registration lasts for up to three years and the fee for registration is discounted if you are an AHPA member.
HEALTH PROMOTION JOURNAL OF AUSTRALIA
The Health Promotion Journal of Australia (HPJA) is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes high-quality research and critical perspectives from researchers, decision-makers, and practitioners that contribute to improving knowledge and evidence for health promotion actions across Australasia. The HPJA is the official publication of AHPA and publishes three times a year in print and online.
AHPA Members have free access to HPJA, which includes manuscripts that address social and ecological determinants of health and/or issues relating to the promotion of health equity.