The AHPA Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
AHPA aims to celebrate diversity, encourage inclusion and promote equitable outcomes for people of different gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, ethnicity, race, and culture.
We work towards these goals by
• ensuring health promotion practitioners have the skills and capacity to work with and advocate for diverse individuals and communities
• ascribing to environments and organisational structures that are safe welcoming places
• advocating for the rights of all people to equitable health and wellbeing outcomes throughout their lives
• working in partnership with likeminded organisations to achieve equitable outcomes
• developing Action Plans such as the Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) to operationalise these goals.
We welcome any AHPA members who would like to join the AHPA Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Working Group as it develops the AHPA Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP).