7 October 2021, 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm (AEST)*
The Queensland Branches of the Australian Health Promotion Association (AHPA) and Public Health Association of Australia (PHAA) are coming together for the fifth time this year to host this virtual gathering for students and young professionals to hear from a range of professionals working in a variety of health promotion and public health fields.
During this webinar speakers will discuss their journeys and careers in public health and health promotion and provide tips to help our young audience in achieving their career goals.
This year we are expecting a number of students and academics to attend this virtual event from various universities and organisations across Queensland, such as Griffith University, The University of Queensland, Queensland University of Technology and many more. The event will run from 4:30pm until 6pm (AEST) with an *optional 30 minutes at the end to enable interaction with other attendees.
This virtual student career pathways event will:
1. Discuss the importance of positioning for public health and health promotion graduates for job opportunities in the future.
2. Provide tips for positioning yourself in a crowded market.
3. Lessons – How did the speakers get where they are and lessons learnt along the way?
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
Our inspiring speakers will discuss their journeys and careers in public health and health promotion and provide tips to help our young audience in achieving their career goals.
• Emeritus Professor Mike Daube AO – Keynote Speaker, Inspiration
• James Wong – Early Career, Role Model
• Sherridan Cluff – Early Career, Role Model
• Laura Leyden – New Graduate, Rising Star
• Bella Hickson – New Graduate, Rising Star
This event is open to anyone but will feature early career and new graduates currently working in Queensland. Therefore it might be of particular interest to Queensland based students and young professionals.
This event is free for AHPA and PHAA members and $5 for non-members.
Click here and you will be directed to PHAA portal where you can register.