19 October 2021, 1.00-2.00pm AEDT
The Australian Health Promotion Association (AHPA®) is hosting a session on value-based messaging, with presenter Mark Chenery, Common Cause Australia.
The session will upskill AHPA members in creating change by engaging cultural values and using well-framed, value-based messages. It is designed for health promotion, public health, communications and advocacy professionals.
The event is free for AHPA members and $25 for non-members.
• Understand how values are an important driver of behaviour
• Gain insights into how to communicate values in order to create change and impact
• Explore values-based messaging for health promotion
• Have the opportunity for questions to be answered.
• Event registrations close COB Friday 15 October. The event link will be emailed to registrants on Monday 18 October
• AHPA members: Please ensure you are logged in to receive your member discount
• Non-members: A tax invoice will be emailed when payment and registration is completed.
Please note national time zones:
Registration for this event is now closed.
Presenter: Mark Chenery, Co-founder & Director, Common Cause Australia
Mark Chenery is a communications expert and trainer who works with mission driven organisations and political parties to incorporate a values-based approach to messaging.
His background includes advertising and journalism and heading up the community engagement program of an international human rights organisation in Australia.
Since establishing Common Cause Australia in 2014, Mark and his colleagues have trained over 5,000 campaigners, communicators and fundraisers from Australia and New Zealand in the science of values and framing.
Mark has worked with dozens of organisations on values-based messaging. His research has changed the way many of Australia’s leading mission driven organisations as well as government departments and agencies communicate with the public on social justice, health and environmental issues.