Health Promotion – be part of something great
Welcome to the WA Branch of the Australian Health Promotion Association (AHPA).
The AHPA is the leading dedicated health promotion body in WA and is run by a team of volunteer health promotion professionals who meet on a monthly basis to progress objectives of the Association and provide support to its members.
To improve the health status of Western Australian's by building the leadership capacity of our members and making health promotion a priority.
The AHPA (WA Branch) Executive Committee prioritises financial stability and good governance for the Branch, whilst continuing to deliver a range of core activities to serve the interests of members.
We also work hard to raise our profile and that of health promotion in WA via advocacy and building partnerships with key groups such as the Public Health Association of Australia (WA) and the Public Health Advocacy Institute of WA.
Key Priority Areas 2013 – 2015
The WA Branch operational plan highlights the key focus areas that underpin the work of the WA Branch Executive Committee to achieve in 2013-2015:
- Promoting Health Promotion, Leadership and Direction: Build AHPA’s role as a leading authority in WA health promotion
- Advocacy and Representation: Build AHPA’s advocacy capacity and action for change
- Professional Development and Excellence
- Strategic Alliances, Partnerships and Networks
- Good Governance and Communication
We will endeavour to meet the changing needs of our members and make health promotion a priority.
Post: PO Box 1825 SUBIACO WA 6904