The South Australian branches of the Australian Health Promotion Association and the Public Health Association of Australia facilitate an annual mentoring program. The program links health students and people who are early in their career, seeking professional development, or career transition (mentees) with experienced professionals (mentors). Mentors and mentees are paired according to their individual needs, interests and experience to make sure you both get as much out of the program as possible. The program runs for 3 months and is flexible in its approach. You and your mentee/mentor may meet face-to-face, have most of your contact via email, or a combination. Each pair can decide what will best suit them.
How could the program benefit you?
- Opportunity to discuss and seek guidance and advice regarding own career ideas, helping to make more informed choices for the future;
- Opportunity to meet a public health practitioner with experience in your area of interest;
- Advice on resources relevant to your area/s of interest;
- Enhanced professional development and increased confidence due to the above.
- Opportunity to facilitate the mentee's professional growth;
- Revitalised enthusiasm and affirmation of role as an experienced worker;
- Experience in explaining the scope and akills of your work to other.
Mentoring Program CD
The Mentoring Program CD-ROM will be a great asset to any organisation wishing to improve skills in the workplace.
Mentoring has proven success in:
- Increasing knowledge, confidence and skill transference;
- Clarifying health promotion principles and incorporating these principles into workplace practices;
- Assisting and motivating career direction.
Mentoring has long term benefits for all who participate - mentees, mentors, organisations - and helps to develop valuable ongoing partnerships.
Incorporated in the CD-ROM are all of the resources required to facilitate and evaluate a successful mentoring program within your organisation.
On the CD you will find:
- Mentee/mentor agreement forms;
- Comprehensive presentation materials;
- Program evaluation forms including workshop questionnaires;
- Final evaluation forms.
How to purchase:
The CD can be purchased by mailing the order form or by phoning 07 5430 2873. Purchase price of the CD is $27.50 for members and $38.50 for non-members. Cost includes GST, postage and handling.
Health Promotion Storybook
The focus for the 2009 Storybook will be around Aboriginal Health Promotion - building on success stories to close the gap in Aboriginal life expectancy. The aim of the Storybook is to provide a medium for sharing success stories and learnings about good practice in health promotion in South Australia.
For further information, please contact
c/- Aboriginal Health Council of SA